DIY: Cork Board Makeover

Have you seen this picture on Pinterest?
AMAZING Cork Board Makeover! Only cost $12!
Source
I've looked and looked at this picture and finally decided I would give my own cork board a little makeover.  This cork board has been with me for many many years and served me well so it deserves a revamp.  Here's how I did it.

You'll need:
  • a cork board, any size you want.
  • pretty material of your choice, enough to cover the board with a few extra inches on each side.
  • drawing pins, I used just under 200.
  • Hot glue gun.


Begin by placing the material over your board, trying to make it even on all sides.  When you are happy with the positioning of the material you can start putting in the drawing pins.  Try to place them as close to the wooden rim as possible.  My lines are not completely straight and some of my pins overlap slightly, but that adds character ;)

Turn the board over and using your hot glue gun, stick the excess material to the back of the board.  Voila!  There you have it, one very easy way to revamp your boring, old cork board.

I had a few drawing pins left over so I glued some buttons to the pins to make them more pleasing to the eye.  For Christmas I got these pretty bird clothes pegs and I also glued a drawing pin onto them.


Why don't you give it a go yourself!  
Follow me on my social media (see below or on the left side bar) and be sure to tag me in your pictures, I'd love to see how yours turns out!


Love Karlene



Comments

Popular Posts